Iktara has been playing on my iPod since a fortnight!

Yes, "long time no see". I've been way too busy with my final semester of Master's. Projects, exams, assignments and sometimes classes... I'm stuck in this infinite loop! I wish like running away. Sigh! I have no choice but to endure these. After all, there's this consolation that I'll be earning my Master's degree in a month from now.

So, with those elements in the infinite loop, what's the one thing that's "loop invariant"? Music, of course! I've been hooked to The Fray's How to save a life since quite sometime now. Not a new song (released sometime around September 2006, first version), but the lyrics are touching. The lead singer, Isaac Slade, (though has some vocabulary problems :D... weird pronunciation I must say!), says he was influenced by his experience while working as a mentor at a camp for troubled teens. You can listen to this song here.

But the song that gets to be the cherry on the cake is "Iktara" from the movie Wake Up Sid. Absolutely amazing, mesmerizing, pure genius! Yes, it's a bit old as compared to the new songs like Tera hone laga hoon (from the crappy movie, Ajab prem ki ghazab kahani) etc. I am now wondering how could I have left this beautiful song unexplored, untouched! The lyrics are just so perfect and Kavita Seth's voice does complete justice to this song. Amitabh Bhattacharya complements Kavita's voice well. Add to this recipe a dash of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and lo and behold! you have the perfect delicacy! So much so, that this song's been playing on my iPod for the past 15 days in Repeat Item mode!

Listen to this song here.

PS: For some reason my last.fm scrobbling isn't working! :(

Comments

BBQ Recipes said…
Thanks, great blog post

Popular posts from this blog

My iNav Remix - iPhone and iPod Touch UI

Mac4Lin ver.1.0 Released!

Mac4Lin ver.1.0 Release Candidate