Update: Grad School, Mac4Lin and more...


Its been about 4 days since I'm back from my New York trip. Still gotta get out of the "vacation mood". But the sad part is that today is the last day of my vacations and classes begin from tomorrow; more accurately the "Spring 2009" semester beings at NC State University. This time I've enrolled for 4 courses which includes an MBA course. I'm either too brave or too foolish to do so. Time will tell :D

This is the time when everyone starts applying for internships and so haf I. Nobody is hiring though, everybody is firing! :P Stuff in the US is just unpredictable. The stock market, the job scenario, the weather, the fuel prices.. just about everything! Analysts say the market will stabilize in an year. Its just wait and watch for everybody.

The weather is kind of depressing and will be the same all through the month. Hafn't seen the sun since days. Its been raining continuously since the past few days. Get quite cold and may snow this month. The only thing to do during this month (and what everybody else does) is to watch American Football (if you can understand it!). Eagerly waiting for Spring to start.

kaalEDGE is a collaborative effort by a group of Indian students studying in US Universities which provides useful info to aspirants in India who wish to study abroad.. It recently published my article "MS in the US, A Guide: Part FOUR" in 2 parts. Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here.

On the other side, I'm gearing up to release version 1.0 RC2 of Mac4Lin. The only thing thats containing me to do so is the Mozilla pack.

The Webmaster of LinuxSolved.com has created a separate forum for Mac4Lin. It can be accessed here. Users can post their queries on this forum in addition to various other forums and Mac4Lin's own forums at Sourceforge.net.

A samaritan has translated the Mac4Lin manual into Traditional Chinese for the benefit of those who can read/understand that language. Though I cannot understand even the smallest part, it sure looks colorful! The translated manual can be downloaded here.

The other exciting thing I'm into, is trying to get Android (Google) compile on the x86 architecture and get it running in a virtual machine. Though I hafn't been successful in getting this to work yet, I'm just trying.

Thats the update from my side for now. Keep a watch on Sourceforge.net for RC2 release news.

Edit: Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 now available via SVN. Head to this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My iNav Remix - iPhone and iPod Touch UI

Mac4Lin ver.1.0 Released!

Mac4Lin ver.1.0 Release Candidate